Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Planning my Dream

I'm about to go to bed, and I have decided what I want to dream about- Peru. Machu Picchu, Inca women in colourful clothes, mountains lost amidst swirling clouds, the ghosts of long-gone people crying out in anguish at the treatment meted out to them- of forests, diverse climatic conditions, rain and sunshine, torrid heat and bitter cold- of languages that seem like a torrent of incoherently strung syllables poured forth, but have a beauty and charm beyond comprehension.

Do dreams come true?

5 comments:

Jass said...

mm-hmm , They do. Dream on :)

and that reminds me of aerosmith!
Dream on, dream on
Dream yourself a dream come true
Dream on, dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on, dream on, dream on...

Jaya S said...

Sadly, Peru didn't creep into my dreams...instead, it was work that did :-S. And trust me, it wasn't a dream I'd want coming true.

ashwin said...

Do you have a flair for history ?? :)
btw, I'm out of infy :) going to pursue my masters in Carnegie Mellon University

Bhuvaneswari Jayaraman said...

Hi Pooja,

Have you read Pico Iyer's Falling off the Map?

Bhuvani

Jaya S said...

Ashwin: Lovely. Now that's what dreams are all about. History? I like it in bits and pieces, as it catches my fancy, not thrust down my throat. I do wish I'd paid more attention to History classes in school, though.

Bhuvani: No, I haven't. Thanks for the suggestion, though, because tomorrow is my library day, and I have been fishing for ideas.